Makes 4 servings
|1||cup sweet or dry fruity white wine|
|1||cup lemon juice|
|Fresh berries (optional)|
*Use pasteurized or clean, uncracked grade A eggs.
- Combine sugar, wine and water in small saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved and syrup boils, stirring frequently. Cover; boil 1 minute. Uncover; adjust heat to maintain simmer. Simmer 10 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Refrigerate 1 hour or until syrup is completely cool.
- Stir lemon juice into cooled syrup. Pour into 9-inch round cake pan. Freeze 1 hour.
- Quickly stir mixture with fork breaking up ice crystals. Freeze 1 hour more or until firm but not solid. Meanwhile, place medium bowl in freezer to chill.
- Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Remove lemon ice mixture from cake pan to chilled bowl. Immediately beat ice with whisk or fork until smooth. Fold in egg whites; mix well. Spread egg mixture evenly into same cake pan. Freeze 30 minutes. Immediately stir with fork; cover cake pan with foil. Freeze at least 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve, scoop ice into fluted champagne glasses or dessert dishes. Serve with berries.
Check out more recipes for Italian