Italian Sausage & Pepper Pita Wraps
Makes 4 servings
|4||(6-inch) hot or mild Italian sausages (about 1-1/4 pounds)|
|1||green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into quarters, stems and seeds discarded|
|1||small onion, sliced|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||cup prepared marinara sauce|
|1/2||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella cheese|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Place sausage links on center of grid over medium coals; arrange bell pepper and onion around sausages. Grill on covered grill 7 minutes. Turn sausages and vegetables; grill 8 to 9 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Brush pita breads on one side with oil. Place on grid at edge of coals; grill until soft.
- Meanwhile, combine marinara sauce, basil and oregano in small saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise. Cut bell pepper into strips and separate onion slices into rings.
- Divide sausages, bell pepper and onion among pita breads. Top with sauce and cheese. Fold pita breads in half.
Check out more recipes for Italian