It's My Party
Makes 14 to 18 servings
|5-1/2||cups cake batter, divided|
|1||(10-inch) round prepared cake board, covered, or large plate|
|2||containers (16 ounces each) white frosting|
|Assorted candies and decors|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2-quart ovenproof bowl and 8-inch round cake pan. Pour 3-1/2 cups cake batter into prepared bowl; pour 2 cups cake batter into cake pan. Bake cake in bowl 55 to 60 minutes and cake in pan 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pans. Loosen edges; invert on wire racks and cool completely.
- Trim flat side of bowl cake and top of round cake. Trim side of round cake so edge is even with bowl cake. Place round cake on prepared cake board.
- Frost top of round cake lightly with frosting. Place bowl cake, flat side down, on top of round cake.
- Tint 1 cup frosting purple.
- Frost entire cake with white frosting.
- Make small cut in center of cake and insert doll into cake. (To keep doll's clothing clean, wrap bottom of doll in plastic wrap.)
- Using medium writing tip and purple frosting, pipe designs on party dress. Decorate with assorted candies and decors as desired.
Check out more recipes for Special Occasions