YIELD Makes 36 to 40 servings
|2||(10-inch) Bundt cakes|
|Buttercream Frosting (recipe)|
|Orange, green and brown paste food colorings|
|Base Frosting (recipe follows, optional)|
|2||(10-inch) round cake boards, stacked and covered, or large plate|
|1||(6-ounce) paper cup or ice cream wafer cone|
|Pastry bag and medium writing tip|
- Prepare 2 recipes Buttercream Frosting. Tint 4-1/2 cups frosting orange, 1/2 cup dark green and 1/4 cup dark brown. To tint frosting, add small amount of desired paste coloring with toothpick; stir well. Slowly add more coloring until frosting is desired shade.
- Trim flat sides of cakes. Place one cake on prepared cake board, flat-side up. Frost top of cake with some of the orange frosting. Place second cake, flat-side down, over frosting.
- Frost entire cake with Base Frosting to seal in crumbs. Frost again with orange frosting.
- Hold cup over fingers of one hand. Using other hand, frost cup with green frosting. Place upside-down in center of cake to form stem. Touch up frosting, if necessary.
- Using writing tip and brown frosting, pipe eyes and mouth. Arrange candy corn for teeth as shown in photo. Before serving, remove stem. Slice and serve top cake first, then bottom.
Halloween can be a scary time, but you don't have to be scared in the kitchen because our recipes will be right there to comfort you.
We all have special occasions that we want to savor and celebrate. Learn how the perfect dish can be the perfect topping to the perfect day.