Dwight Freeney and Adam Vinatieri’s Jamaican Brown Chicken Stew
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|2||pounds Chicken, cut in medium size pieces|
|1/2||teaspoon Black Pepper|
|1/2||medium Green Pepper|
|1/2||medium Red Pepper|
|1||teaspoon Browning/Gravy Mix|
|1||teaspoon All Purpose Seasoning (Adobo)|
|1||tablespoon powder Gravy Mix or Flour (for thickening)|
|Salt to taste|
|Oil for frying|
- Chop onion, garlic, tomato, escallion, green and red peppers.
- Wash chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt, black pepper, thyme and Adobo seasoning.
- Add chopped ingredients and browning.
- Rub all ingredients on chicken pieces.
- Cover and let it sit for at least one hour.
- Remove chicken from ingredients by shaking off onion, peppers, and tomato.
- Deep fry chicken until golden brown and place in separate skillet.
- Add seasoning mixture and 1 ½ cup water.
- Cover and simmer on medium flame about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- If thicker gravy is desired, mix together 1 tablespoon of powdered gravy mix or flour with 3 tablespoons of water and add to gravy in skillet. Then simmer an extra 5 minutes.
Check out more recipes for Stews