YIELD Makes 4 servings
|3||ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-1/2X1/2X1/2-inch pieces|
|1/2||teaspoon plus pinch salt|
|1||(1-inch) piece carrot, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices|
|4||cups fish stock|
|1||teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
- Combine chicken, sake and pinch of salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Place water and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; add carrot slices. Cook 2 minutes; drain.
- Place fish stock in 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, soy sauce and chicken. Reduce heat to medium; boil 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour about 1/3 of eggs at a time into boiling soup, stirring constantly. Return soup to a boil after each addition. Remove from heat immediately after last egg "threads" form.
- Place 2 carrot slices in each of 4 individual soup bowls. Ladle about 1 cup soup over carrots in each bowl.
You Might Also Like
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.