YIELD Makes 8 (1-cup) servings
Rice noodles, also know as rice sticks, are made from rice flour and are as thin as string. They are usually coiled into nests and packaged in plastic bags.
|1||beef top round steak (about 3/4 pound)|
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon rice wine|
|Korean-Style Dressing (recipe)|
|1||package (6-3/4 ounces) rice noodles|
|2||cups thinly sliced napa cabbage|
|1‑3/4||cups thinly sliced yellow bell peppers|
|1/2||cup thinly sliced radishes|
|1||medium carrot, shredded|
|2||green onions, thinly sliced|
- Freeze beef until partially firm; cut into very thin slices.
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine and sugar in small nonmetallic bowl. Add beef slices; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and grill beef over medium-hot coals 2 to 3 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, prepare Korean-Style Dressing; set aside.
- Cook noodles in boiling water 1 to 2 minutes or until tender; drain and rinse under cold water. Arrange noodles on serving platter.
- Combine cabbage, bell peppers, radishes, carrot, green onions and beef in medium bowl. Add Korean-Style Dressing; toss to coat evenly. Serve over noodles. Garnish with green onion brush and carrot ribbons, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1 cup (without garnish)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.