Kung Pao Chicken
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1||small green bell pepper|
|1||small piece fresh ginger (1 inch long), peeled|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon sesame oil|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|2||green onions with tops, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces|
|1/3||cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts|
|Hot cooked rice (optional)|
- Cut chicken crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide slices. Combine chicken and cornstarch in large bowl. Add egg white; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Cut green pepper lengthwise in half. Remove stem and seeds. Rinse, dry and cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Finely chop ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, red pepper and salt in cup; set aside.
- Heat wok or large skillet over high heat about 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle vegetable oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken; stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken to large bowl. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add ginger and garlic to wok; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add green pepper and onions; stir-fry 1 minute. Return chicken to wok. Add peanuts and sherry mixture; stir-fry until well mixed and heated through. Transfer chicken mixture to serving dish or place wok on table over wok ring stand or trivet. Serve with rice, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chinese