Lagoon Chicken Salad
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|1-1/2||cups unsweetened apple juice|
|2||whole chicken breasts (about 1-1/2 pounds)|
|3||cups cooled cooked rice (1 cup uncooked)|
|1-1/2||cups seedless green grapes, halved|
|1/2||cup chopped celery|
|3/4||cup slivered almonds, divided|
|1/2||cup chopped water chestnuts|
|1/2||teaspoon seasoned salt|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Apple slices for garnish|
- Simmer apple juice in deep saucepan over medium heat; add chicken. Cover; simmer about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from saucepan to cool; discard liquid.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, carefully remove and discard skin and bones. Dice chicken on cutting board. Place in large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare apple, cut lengthwise into quarters on cutting board; remove stem, core and seeds with paring knife. Chop apple quarters into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss with chicken in bowl.
- Gently toss chicken and apple with rice, grapes, celery, 1/2 cup almonds and water chestnuts; set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, seasoned salt and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Add mayonnaise mixture to chicken mixture; toss lightly. Cover; refrigerate chicken salad at least 30 minutes.
- Spoon chicken salad onto spinach-lined serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup almonds. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Salads