Try this great recipe from the football fans and players on TLC's Kick Off Cook Off.
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|2||cups plain yogurt|
|1/4||cup distilled white vinegar|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
|3||tablespoons lemon juice|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano|
|3 1/2||pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of fat, and cut into thin strips|
|dash of granulated saffron with sugar diluted in 2 tablespoons of hot water|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|thick Greek yogurt with diced cucumber and minced garlic|
|2||tomatoes thinly sliced|
|1||onion thinly sliced|
|1/2||bunch frest mint leaves|
|2||cups instant couscous|
|1/4||cup dried cranberries that have been sauteed with butter|
|1/4||cup sliced almonds toasted|
|1/4||cup chopped flat leaf parsley|
|freshly ground black pepper|
|1||package large black figs|
|3||ounces Stilton blue cheese|
|2||tablespoons carmelized onions|
|1||cup balsamic vinegar|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||tablespoon maple syrup|
- Pour the saffron liquid over the lamb and massage it in and let sit for a few minutes.
- Add the thinly sliced lamb
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sautee garlic and onion
- Serve with couscous and a roasted fig on the side and garnish with yogurt mixture, tomatoes, onion, and fresh mint leaves to serve.
- Check couscous package instructions to see how much boiling water you will need.
- Place couscous and cranberries in a large bowl. Pour boiling water over top, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, add toasted almonds and parsley, and fluff with a fork until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to broiler.
- Wash figs gently.
- Cut open figs but not all the way through. Stuff with cheese, chorizo and pancetta.
- In an oven dish drizzle olive oil and arrange figs. Drizzle a little olive oil and stick under broiler for 5 to 7 minutes. You don’t want fig to lose its shape but the chorizo and cheese have to melt and cook.
- Remove from oven and arrange on platter. Drizzle over the balsamic, maple butter reduction and garnish with greens!
- Melt the butter, add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup till it reduces into a sauce and pour over figs.
Check out more recipes for Lamb