Lemon-Crusted Country Pie
Makes 4 servings
|1/2||cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided|
|1/3||cup whole wheat flour|
|1||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|2||tablespoons canola oil|
|3||to 4 tablespoons ice water|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|1||boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1||cup chopped celery|
|1||cup sliced mushrooms|
|1/2||cup shredded carrot|
|1/2||cup reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1/2||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|1/2||teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||cup frozen whole kernel corn|
|1||cup frozen green peas|
|1/3||cup whole wheat bread crumbs|
- Combine 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and lemon peel in medium bowl. Add oil; blend well. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until soft dough forms. Flatten dough into disc; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface. Roll out dough into 10-inch circle, 1/8 inch thick. Ease dough into 9-inch pie plate. (If excess dough remains, reroll and cut out decorative shapes.)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Add vegetables. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons flour. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Gradually stir in chicken broth, milk, salt, rosemary and pepper. Cook 6 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Stir in chicken mixture, corn, peas and bread crumbs. Remove saucepan from heat; let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon vegetable mixture into prepared crust. (Arrange cutouts over top of pie, if desired.) Brush with additional milk.
- Bake 50 minutes or until filling is set. (If crust browns too much before filling sets, cover with strips of aluminum foil.) Cut into 4 wedges to serve.
|Serving Size:||1 pie wedge|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Calories from Fat||29 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken