Lemon Sesame Scallops
Makes 4 servings
|1||tablespoon sesame seeds|
|8||ounces whole wheat spaghetti|
|3||tablespoons sesame oil, divided|
|1||pound sea scallops|
|1/4||cup chicken broth or clam juice|
|1/2||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|3||tablespoons lemon juice|
|2||tablespoons oyster sauce|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2||carrots, cut into julienne strips|
|1||yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|4||slices peeled fresh ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|6||ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed or 1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed|
|2||green onions, thinly sliced|
- To toast sesame seeds, heat small skillet over medium heat. Add sesame seeds; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Place spaghetti in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Cover to keep warm.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Combine broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, oyster sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch in 1-cup glass measure; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil and vegetable oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add carrots and bell pepper; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to large bowl; set aside.
- Add ginger and garlic to skillet. Stir-fry 1 minute over medium high-heat. Add scallops; stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow peas and onions; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until peas turn bright green and scallops turn opaque. Remove slices of ginger; discard. Transfer scallop mixture to bowl with vegetable mixture, leaving any liquid in skillet.
- Stir broth mixture; add to liquid in skillet. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until thickened. Return scallop mixture to skillet; cook 1 minute. Serve immediately over warm spaghetti; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Check out more recipes for Asian