YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||tablespoon sesame seeds|
|8||ounces whole wheat spaghetti|
|3||tablespoons sesame oil, divided|
|1||pound sea scallops|
|1/4||cup chicken broth or clam juice|
|1/2||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|3||tablespoons lemon juice|
|2||tablespoons oyster sauce|
|1||tablespoon soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2||carrots, cut into julienne strips|
|1||yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips|
|4||slices peeled fresh ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|6||ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed or 1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed|
|2||green onions, thinly sliced|
- To toast sesame seeds, heat small skillet over medium heat. Add sesame seeds; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until golden. Set aside.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Place spaghetti in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons sesame oil. Cover to keep warm.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Combine broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, oyster sauce, soy sauce and cornstarch in 1-cup glass measure; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil and vegetable oil in large skillet or wok over medium heat. Add carrots and bell pepper; stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to large bowl; set aside.
- Add ginger and garlic to skillet. Stir-fry 1 minute over medium high-heat. Add scallops; stir-fry 1 minute. Add snow peas and onions; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until peas turn bright green and scallops turn opaque. Remove slices of ginger; discard. Transfer scallop mixture to bowl with vegetable mixture, leaving any liquid in skillet.
- Stir broth mixture; add to liquid in skillet. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until thickened. Return scallop mixture to skillet; cook 1 minute. Serve immediately over warm spaghetti; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Anyone can cook. Take this to heart the next time you embark of trying to cook authentic French cuisine. Read our recipes to find out everything you need to know.
Have you ever wanted to cook authentic Thai food instead of going out to a fancy restaurant? Now you can with our Thai recipes.