YIELD Makes about 5 dozen cookies
|Gingerbread Cookie Dough (recipe)|
|Colored frostings and glazes, colored sugars, sprinkles and assorted small candies|
- Prepare Gingerbread Cookie Dough. Cover; refrigerate about 8 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Divide dough into 4 equal sections. Reserve 1 section; cover and refrigerate remaining 3 sections.
- Roll reserved dough on well-floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Sprinkle with flour to minimize sticking, if necessary.
- Cut out alphabet letter shapes using 2-1/2-inch cookie cutters. Place cutouts on prepared cookie sheets. Repeat steps with remaining dough.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate cookies with frostings, glazes, colored sugars, sprinkles and assorted small candies.
You Might Also Like
If you're looking for an appetizer, try this recipe for Bill and Pat's smoked wings with creamy Asian sauce from Kick Off Cook Off.
Learn to make butter & sugar cookies with our quick and easy recipes. Butter & sugar cookies make a wonderful dessert or snack.