Reeses Peanut Butter Cups have always been my favorite old school variety of terrible-for-you and terrible-for-the-planet foods. The peanut butter is so incredibly processed that it likely takes more energy to produce these sugary indulges than you would ever care to think about. The wasteful packaging doesn't help the situation either. But you really want delicious Resees Cups anyway, you say? I know, I do too. That's why I make my own versions of unhealthy snacks. I won't even pretend that these guys are good for you. While these are certainly a special occasion indulgence, they are much easier on the planet than the ultra-processed variety.
|½ cup||organic graham cracker crumbs|
|3/4 cup||organic palm sugar|
|3/4 cup||natural crunchy peanut butter|
|make your own peanut butter|
|1 pound||organic fair trade milk chocolate|
- Use a large mixer to combine graham crackers, sugar, and peanut butter.
- Mix on medium speed until filling is well combined.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Spoon with 1 to 2 inches of chocolate in the muffin tins (use muffin tin wrappers).
- Spoon 1 tbsp peanut butter combination in the center and flatten the top.
- Cover with chocolate and smooth the top so that it's shaped like a true Reeses cup.
- Once cooled down, freeze the Resses cups for a few hours. Enjoy!
You Might Also Like
Learn to make butter & sugar cookies with our quick and easy recipes. Butter & sugar cookies make a wonderful dessert or snack.
Whether you need to say "happy birthday", "congratulations", "welcome home" or anything in between, check out our cake recipes for the perfect cake for any occasion.