Maple Nut Twist
Makes 24 servings (2 coffeecakes)
|1||recipe Sweet Yeast Dough|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine, melted|
|1/2||cup chopped pecans|
|1/4||cup granulated sugar|
|2-1/2||teaspoons maple extract, divided|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1||cup sifted powdered sugar|
- Prepare Sweet Yeast Dough; let rise as directed. Combine butter and honey in cup; set aside. Combine pecans, granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons maple extract and cinnamon in small bowl. Toss to coat; set aside.
- Grease 2 baking sheets. Cut dough into quarters. Roll out one piece dough into 9-inch circle on floured surface with floured rolling pin. (Keep remaining dough covered with towel.) Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush half of butter mixture over dough. Sprinkle half of pecan mixture over butter mixture.
- Roll another piece of dough into 9-inch circle. Place dough over pecan filling, stretching dough as necessary to cover. Pinch edges to seal. Place 1-inch biscuit cutter in center of circle as cutting guide, being careful not to cut through dough. Cut dough into 12 wedges with scissors or sharp knife, from edge of circle to edge of biscuit cutter, cutting through all layers. Pick up wide edge of 1 wedge, twist several times and lay back down on prepared sheet. Repeat twisting procedure with remaining wedges. Repeat with remaining quarters of dough, butter mixture and pecan mixture. Cover coffeecakes with towel. Let rise in warm place or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake on two racks in oven 20 to 25 minutes or until coffeecakes are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. (Rotate baking sheets top to bottom halfway through baking.) Remove from baking sheets; cool on wire racks about 30 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1/2 teaspoon maple extract in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over warm coffeecakes.
Check out more recipes for Quick Breads