YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1‑1/2||pounds ground beef|
|1/4||cup (1 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese|
|2||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|2||tablespoons chopped kalamata olives|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh parsley|
|1||tablespoon diced tomato|
|2||teaspoons dried oregano|
|1||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||hamburger buns, split|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Shape beef into eight 1/4-inch-thick burger patties.
- Combine cheeses, olives, parsley, tomato, oregano and pepper in small bowl. Place 1/4 of cheese mixture on top of 1 burger patty; spread to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top cheese mixture with another burger patty; seal edges to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining cheese mixture and burger patties.
- Place burgers on grid. Grill, covered, over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes (or, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes) to medium (160°F) or to desired doneness, turning halfway through grilling time.
- Remove burgers from grill. Place burgers between buns.
This recipe appears in: Beef
|Total Fat||26 g|