Did you know a medium-sized potato costs only about 25 cents? It also comes with built-in portion control and is free of fat and cholesterol. Potatoes also offer a good dose of Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, potassium and dietary fiber.
Good for both your waistline and your wallet, potatoes are a great base for many meals. Sure, there's always the old baked potato standby, but why not try something new? Keep reading to find out interesting ways you can use spuds -- from meal ideas to household tips.
- Throw It In a Salad! 5 Salad Recipes That Save You Money
- Chill Out! Frozen Foods Quiz
- Macaroni, Cheese and Pennies: Can You Make a Healthy Dinner on a Budget?
- Cheese, Meat and Cream of What Soup?: The Ultimate Casserole Quiz
- From Pricy Fungi to Japanese Beef: The Ridiculously Expensive Ingredients Quiz