You can even use potatoes to make a unique, tasty pizza crust. Here's a brief how-to.
- Scrub about 1.5 pounds of potatoes.
- In a small bowl, stir together a teaspoon of salt, a teaspoon of pepper and four teaspoons cornstarch.
- Slice up your potatoes. Make them thin -- use a food processor or mandoline.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and sprinkle with half the cornstarch mixture. Gently stir to mix and then sprinkle on the rest.
- Brush a tablespoon of olive oil over your 12-inch (30.5-centimeter) pizza pan.
- Layer the potatoes on the pan in concentric circles. Make sure you cover the pan completely.
- Sprinkle some chicken broth over the potatoes and brush them with a bit more olive oil.
- Then, press down with your hands to compact the potatoes into a crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees until edges turn brown (20 to 30 minutes).
Your crust is ready! Remove it from the oven, add your favorite toppings -- for example pesto, grilled chicken and some feta cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes or so and enjoy.
[source: Idaho Potato Commission]