If you're a backyard gardener, you're probably used to having more vegetables than you know what to do with. Maybe you're one of those people walking around the office or the neighborhood with a basket of zucchini, practically begging someone to take it off your hands. There are just some veggies that grow like crazy. And the banana pepper is no exception. It's easy to grow, comes in both sweet and hot varieties and is a good source of fiber, beta-carotene, and vitamins A and C. You'll know when a banana pepper is ready to be picked because it's yellow in color and the shape of a banana. Hence the name.
So, what do you do with a bushel of banana peppers? You can only eat so many banana-peppered salads. Click ahead for five ways to use your peppers.
- Throw It In a Salad! 5 Salad Recipes That Save You Money
- Chill Out! Frozen Foods Quiz
- Macaroni, Cheese and Pennies: Can You Make a Healthy Dinner on a Budget?
- Cheese, Meat and Cream of What Soup?: The Ultimate Casserole Quiz
- From Pricy Fungi to Japanese Beef: The Ridiculously Expensive Ingredients Quiz