While we love the idea of more complex dishes like risotto and savory soufflés, sometimes you just have to be able to throw some ingredients together in a casserole dish, toss it in the oven, and viola! -- you've got a delicious homemade dinner. Well, this is that dish. It's similar to a quiche in that it uses egg as its binder, but its main ingredients are fresh veggies, so it's exploding with fresh flavor. This particular recipe doesn't call for cheese, but you can certainly change things up a bit by adding in some Swiss or cheddar. You can also even make this dish a complete meal by including a protein like cooked chicken or turkey.
Cook Time 45 to 55 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Yield 10 servings
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 medium ears of corn, kernels cut from cobs
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups cholesterol-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. celery seed
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 11 x 7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix zucchini, corn and bell pepper in baking dish.
- Whisk egg substitute, evaporated milk, sugar, celery seed, salt and red pepper flakes in large bowl; pour over vegetables in baking dish.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden.