Are you looking for something fresh and intriguing for your next dinner party? If so, give this stuffed pepper recipe a whirl. It calls for a slow cooker, so it's relatively simple. Just mix the ingredients together and let the slow cooker do the work while you get your house ready for your guests. The peppers serve as an organic and fun serving vessel for a zesty meal. You could even pair with some grilled chicken skewers if you want a little more substance. Either way, this unique dish is sure to impress your friends.
Cook Time 4 to 6 hours
Prep Time 15 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 3/4 cup medium salsa
- 1 medium ear of corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain converted white rice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Sour cream
- Slow cooker
- Cut thin top off each bell pepper. Carefully remove seeds, leaving pepper whole.
- Combine beans, cheese, salsa, corn, onions, rice, chili powder and cumin in medium bowl.
- Spoon filling evenly into each pepper and place them in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve garnished with sour cream.