Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh clams, such as littlenecks, in their shells
- Cold water
- 1 pound linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 15-ounce can clams, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Soak clams in enough salted water to fully cover them for about 5-10 minutes to purge sand. Then rinse and scrub well and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add linguini. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add both kinds of clams, wine, clam juice and simmer covered until wine is mostly reduced and the clams open, about 3-5 minutes.
- When the clams have opened add the linguini and parsley. Stir to combine all ingredients and serve hot.
- Serve with Parmesan, if using.
**Note: If clam is already open, tap it on a surface to see if it closes. If it does not close, it is not fresh and you should throw it away. You want all your clams to be closed before you cook them.
To see more recipes from this season, check out Kitchen Boss Recipes Season 2.