Many people get anxious or simply don't have the time to create an attractive, inexpensive centerpiece; we're going to show you how.
We took an old bread basket and used it to create the base. You could use similar baskets as well. If you cannot find anything in your home, check for some at your local home-decorating store. Purchase materials such as grapevine balls, flowers, and purple and green grapes to create a centerpiece like the one shown here.
Tip: Gather all your supplies in one area so it will be easier for you to access everything when setting up for your party.
- Cover the table with a natural table linen.
- Create the centerpiece by placing the basket in the middle of the table. Arrange it by layering the elements. First the basket, then the grapevine balls, and next the grapes. Accent it with flowers.
- Lay out the place settings in a formal manner.
- Add the wine splits to the napkins and accent with a flower.
- Place a napkin with the wine split and flower on a decorative plate. Great idea: Not only does the wine split serve as decoration, it can also be a party favor for your guests to take home!
- Take your place cards and assign the seats.
- Crack open a bottle of wine and start the party!