Mexican Chocolate Macaroons
Prep and Bake Time 30 minutes
Makes 3 dozen cookies
|1||package (8 ounces) semisweet baking chocolate, divided|
|1-3/4||cups plus 1/3 cup whole almonds, divided|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease cookie sheets; set aside.
- Place 5 squares chocolate in food processor; process until coarsely chopped. Add 1-3/4 cups almonds and sugar; process using on/off pulsing action until mixture is finely ground. Add cinnamon, vanilla and egg whites; process just until mixture forms moist dough.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. (Dough will be sticky.) Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Press 1 whole almond in center of each dough ball.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or just until set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
- Place remaining 3 squares chocolate in small resealable food storage bag; seal. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; knead bag. Microwave at additional 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted, kneading after each interval. Cut off small corner of bag. Drizzle chocolate over cookies. Let stand until set.
For longer storage, allow cookies to stand until chocolate drizzle is set. Store in airtight containers.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Total Fat||5 g|
Check out more recipes for Mexican