YIELD Makes 6 servings (3 skewers each)
Marinating these beef kabobs makes them tender, flavorful and easy to make ahead of time. If desired, add the cherry tomato topper to give a splash of color and additional vitamin C.
|1||beef top round steak (about 1 pound)|
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|18||cherry tomatoes (optional)|
- Preheat broiler. Cut beef crosswise into 18 (1/8-inch-thick) slices. Place in large resealable food storage bag. Combine soy sauce, sherry, oil and garlic in cup; pour over beef. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Soak 18 (6-inch) wooden skewers in water 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Drain beef; discard marinade. Weave beef accordion-style onto skewers. Place on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 2 minutes. Turn skewers over; broil 2 minutes more or until beef is barely pink.
- Garnish each skewer with 1 cherry tomato, if desired. Place skewers on lettuce-lined platter. Serve warm.
|Serving Size:||3 skewers (without cherry tomatoes and lettuce)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||30 %|
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Learn to cook authentic Middle Eastern cuisine by checking out our collection of recipes. And you can use a fork if you'd like.