YIELD Makes 6 servings (3 skewers each)
Marinating these beef kabobs makes them tender, flavorful and easy to make ahead of time. If desired, add the cherry tomato topper to give a splash of color and additional vitamin C.
|1||beef top round steak (about 1 pound)|
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|18||cherry tomatoes (optional)|
- Preheat broiler. Cut beef crosswise into 18 (1/8-inch-thick) slices. Place in large resealable food storage bag. Combine soy sauce, sherry, oil and garlic in cup; pour over beef. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Soak 18 (6-inch) wooden skewers in water 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Drain beef; discard marinade. Weave beef accordion-style onto skewers. Place on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 2 minutes. Turn skewers over; broil 2 minutes more or until beef is barely pink.
- Garnish each skewer with 1 cherry tomato, if desired. Place skewers on lettuce-lined platter. Serve warm.
|Serving Size:||3 skewers (without cherry tomatoes and lettuce)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||30 %|
You Might Also Like
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.