YIELD Makes 6 servings (3 skewers each)
Marinating these beef kabobs makes them tender, flavorful and easy to make ahead of time. If desired, add the cherry tomato topper to give a splash of color and additional vitamin C.
|1||beef top round steak (about 1 pound)|
|2||tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|1||teaspoon dark sesame oil|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|18||cherry tomatoes (optional)|
- Preheat broiler. Cut beef crosswise into 18 (1/8-inch-thick) slices. Place in large resealable food storage bag. Combine soy sauce, sherry, oil and garlic in cup; pour over beef. Seal bag; turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Soak 18 (6-inch) wooden skewers in water 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Drain beef; discard marinade. Weave beef accordion-style onto skewers. Place on rack of broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat 2 minutes. Turn skewers over; broil 2 minutes more or until beef is barely pink.
- Garnish each skewer with 1 cherry tomato, if desired. Place skewers on lettuce-lined platter. Serve warm.
|Serving Size:||3 skewers (without cherry tomatoes and lettuce)|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||30 %|