YIELD Makes about 3 dozen bars
|1||cup (2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided|
|2||cups packed brown sugar|
|2‑1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|3||cups uncooked old-fashioned or quick oats|
|1||package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Beat 1 cup butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in medium bowl; stir into butter mixture. Stir in oats. Spread three fourths of oat mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over oat mixture in pan. Dot with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are browned and center feels firm to touch. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
|Total Fat||10 g|
You Might Also Like
Who can pass up a peanut butter cookie? Check out our recipes and you'll be able to share these delectable morsels with all of your friends.
Making friends and influencing people can usually be best achieved by sharing a batch of fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate cookies. Try it and you'll see.