YIELD Makes about 3 dozen bars
|1||cup (2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided|
|2||cups packed brown sugar|
|2‑1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|3||cups uncooked old-fashioned or quick oats|
|1||package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Beat 1 cup butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in medium bowl; stir into butter mixture. Stir in oats. Spread three fourths of oat mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over oat mixture in pan. Dot with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are browned and center feels firm to touch. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
|Total Fat||10 g|
Learn how to make all kinds of cheesecake - everything from the plain cheesecake to the extra-duty, tooty fruity cheesecake - and everything in between.
Whether you need to say "happy birthday", "congratulations", "welcome home" or anything in between, check out our cake recipes for the perfect cake for any occasion.