YIELD Makes about 3 dozen bars
|1||cup (2 sticks) plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided|
|2||cups packed brown sugar|
|2‑1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|3||cups uncooked old-fashioned or quick oats|
|1||package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips|
|1||can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk|
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan.
- Beat 1 cup butter and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat until blended. Stir in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in medium bowl; stir into butter mixture. Stir in oats. Spread three fourths of oat mixture evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine chocolate chips, condensed milk and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small heavy saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Pour chocolate mixture evenly over oat mixture in pan. Dot with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are browned and center feels firm to touch. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
|Total Fat||10 g|
Whether you need to say "happy birthday", "congratulations", "welcome home" or anything in between, check out our cake recipes for the perfect cake for any occasion.
Learn how to make fruit cookies and how these recipes will make you the envy of all your friends.