Makes 1 pizza (about 6 servings)
|1/2||to 3/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°F)|
|1||package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|4||ounces sliced pepperoni (about 1 cup)|
|1||small green pepper, seeded and sliced|
|1||small onion, peeled and sliced|
|8||ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups)|
|1||ounce grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)|
- Combine 1/4 cup of the water, yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve yeast and let stand until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Fit processor with steel blade. Measure flour, oil and salt into work bowl. Process until mixed, about 5 seconds. Add yeast mixture; process until blended, about 10 seconds.
- Turn on processor and very slowly drizzle just enough remaining water through feed tube so dough forms a ball that cleans the sides of the bowl. Process until ball turns around bowl about 25 times. Turn off processor and let dough stand 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn on processor and gradually drizzle in enough remaining water to make dough soft, smooth and satiny but not sticky. Process until dough turns around bowl about 15 times.
- Turn dough onto greased pizza pan 14 inches in diameter or large cookie sheet. Shape dough into ball. Cover with inverted bowl or plastic wrap and let stand 10 minutes.
- Prepare Pizza Sauce while dough is resting.
- Roll or pat dough out to cover pan, making a slight ridge around edge. Spread Pizza Sauce evenly over dough. Top with remaining ingredients. Heat oven to 425°F. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
Check out more recipes for Pizza