Miss New York, Alyse Zwick, submitted this recipe for Slovak Pancakes.
|1||tablespoon oil (vegetable or canola)|
|2||cups milk (or more so that batter is fairly thin)|
|1||teaspoon vanilla (optional)|
- Beat together all above ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a small frying pan; brush with butter each time pancake is made.
- Pour in thin layer of batter and spread it by tilting the pan so that pancakes are very thin.
- Brown on the bottom, then turn over and brown again.
- Pancakes can be filled with jelly and then rolled. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 1 pancake can be formed into a triangle and placed on a plate. Then add 3 more triangles and drizzle with chocolate.
Check out more recipes for Northeastern