YIELD Makes 30 servings
There's no need to leave the bread off your sandwich–bake up a delicious, healthy loaf with this easy recipe. As a bonus, nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked bread!
|2||packages (2-1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast|
|3/4||cup warm water (110° to 115°F)|
|3||tablespoons canola oil|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|2/3||cup uncooked old-fashioned oats|
|1/4||cup soy flour*|
|1/4||cup wheat gluten*|
|1/4||cup sesame seeds*|
|2||teaspoons sugar substitute|
- Stir yeast into water in small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil.
- Combine all-purpose flour, oats, soy flour, gluten, sesame seeds, sugar substitute and salt in food processor fitted with plastic dough blade. Using on/off pulsing action, process until well blended.
- With processor running, slowly pour yeast mixture through feed tube; then using on/off pulsing action, process until dough comes together and forms a mass. Unlock processor lid, but do not remove; let dough rise 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Spray 8X4X2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Using on/off pulsing action, process briefly until dough comes together and forms a ball. Turn dough onto floured work surface. Shape into disk. (Dough will be slightly sticky.) Roll dough on floured surface into 12X8-inch rectangle. Roll up from short side; fold under ends and place in prepared pan. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake 35 minutes or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 30 (1/4-inch-thick) slices before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 slice (1/30 of loaf)|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||44 %|
You Might Also Like
The bread machine is a great invention because it gives the everyday gourmet the tools to make great breads and pastries. Learn how to use your bread machine with our collection of recipes.
Making quick breads are simple, especially if you follow our easy-to-use ingredients list and baking instructions.