YIELD Makes 30 servings
There's no need to leave the bread off your sandwich–bake up a delicious, healthy loaf with this easy recipe. As a bonus, nothing beats the aroma of freshly baked bread!
|2||packages (2-1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast|
|3/4||cup warm water (110° to 115°F)|
|3||tablespoons canola oil|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|2/3||cup uncooked old-fashioned oats|
|1/4||cup soy flour*|
|1/4||cup wheat gluten*|
|1/4||cup sesame seeds*|
|2||teaspoons sugar substitute|
- Stir yeast into water in small bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Add oil.
- Combine all-purpose flour, oats, soy flour, gluten, sesame seeds, sugar substitute and salt in food processor fitted with plastic dough blade. Using on/off pulsing action, process until well blended.
- With processor running, slowly pour yeast mixture through feed tube; then using on/off pulsing action, process until dough comes together and forms a mass. Unlock processor lid, but do not remove; let dough rise 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Spray 8X4X2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Using on/off pulsing action, process briefly until dough comes together and forms a ball. Turn dough onto floured work surface. Shape into disk. (Dough will be slightly sticky.) Roll dough on floured surface into 12X8-inch rectangle. Roll up from short side; fold under ends and place in prepared pan. Cover with towel; let rise in warm place 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake 35 minutes or until bread is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 30 (1/4-inch-thick) slices before serving.
|Serving Size:||1 slice (1/30 of loaf)|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||44 %|
You Might Also Like
Making quick breads are simple, especially if you follow our easy-to-use ingredients list and baking instructions.
Whether you are trying to find something for dinner or breakfast; you'll find easy-to-follow recipes for a variety of dinner rolls to cinnamon buns.