Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Few things will produce a smile as quickly as a plate full of homemade oatmeal raisin cookies!
Bake Time 10 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|3/4||cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened|
|3/4||cup granulated sugar|
|3/4||cup packed light brown sugar|
|3||teaspoons vanilla, divided|
|3||cups uncooked old-fashioned or quick oats|
|1/2||cup powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease cookie sheets; set aside. Combine flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, water and 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in oats with spoon. Stir in raisins.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let cookies stand 2 minutes on cookie sheets; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- For glaze, stir powdered sugar, milk and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cookies with fork or spoon. Store cookies tightly covered at room temperature, or freeze up to 3 months.
Make clean-up easier. Place waxed paper under the wire rack, before drizzling cookies with icing or dusting them with powdered sugar.
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Calories from Fat||29 %|
Check out more recipes for Oatmeal