Miss Ohio, Erica Gelhaus, submitted this recipe for Buckeyes.
|1 1/2||cups peanut butter|
|1/2||cup margarine or butter|
|1||lb powdered sugar|
|1 1/2||cups chocolate chips|
- Mix peanut butter, margarine or butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla in bowl (It helps to soften the margarine).
- Shape into 1" balls.
- Refrigerate balls until cooled to fridge temperature.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate with a bit of Crisco (so the chocolate will harden. Without Crisco, chocolate will remain soft. ) – can also use paraffin wax
- Insert toothpick into refrigerated balls and dip into chocolate, leaving small area resembling a buckeye.
- Cool on wax paper and store in refrigerator or freezer.
Check out more recipes for Midwestern