Olympic Seoul Chicken
Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons peanut oil|
|8||chicken thighs, skinned|
|1/4||cup white vinegar|
|3||tablespoons soy sauce|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|10||cloves garlic, coarsely chopped|
|1/2||to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2||ounces Chinese rice stick noodles|
|Snow peas, steamed|
|Diagonally sliced yellow squash, steamed|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet in single layer. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is evenly browned and no longer pink in center, turning once.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, honey and ginger in small bowl; set aside.
- When chicken is browned, add garlic and red pepper flakes to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon off excess fat from skillet. Add vinegar mixture. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice stick noodles according to package directions; keep warm.
- Uncover skillet; cook 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced and thickened. Place chicken on individual serving plates; spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with rice stick noodles, snow peas and squash. Garnish as desired.
Check out more recipes for Asian