YIELD Makes 4 servings
|2||tablespoons peanut oil|
|8||chicken thighs, skinned|
|1/4||cup white vinegar|
|3||tablespoons soy sauce|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|10||cloves garlic, coarsely chopped|
|1/2||to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|2||ounces Chinese rice stick noodles|
|Snow peas, steamed|
|Diagonally sliced yellow squash, steamed|
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet in single layer. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is evenly browned and no longer pink in center, turning once.
- Combine vinegar, soy sauce, honey and ginger in small bowl; set aside.
- When chicken is browned, add garlic and red pepper flakes to skillet; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon off excess fat from skillet. Add vinegar mixture. Cover; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice stick noodles according to package directions; keep warm.
- Uncover skillet; cook 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced and thickened. Place chicken on individual serving plates; spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with rice stick noodles, snow peas and squash. Garnish as desired.
You Might Also Like
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.