Open-Faced Oven Reubens
Makes 2 servings
|2||slices rye bread|
|2||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1-1/2||cups fresh sauerkraut, divided|
|2||fully cooked, smoked Polish sausages, split open|
|2||sandwich-style dill pickle slices|
|2||slices Swiss cheese|
|1/4||cup Thousand Island salad dressing, divided|
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 450°F.
- Place one bread slice on each sheet of foil. Top with sauerkraut, sausage, pickle and cheese.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place packets on toaster oven tray or baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until sandwiches are hot.
- Carefully open one end of packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents top serving plates. Serve with dressing.
Make Thousand Island salad dressing by mixing together 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons catsup and 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle. Add pickle juice or lemon juice to taste.
Check out more recipes for Northeastern