Mark Randazzo created this Orange Pound Cake recipe in the first season of TLC's 'Ulimate Cake Off'.
|75||g orange juice|
|500||g A.P. flour|
|5||g baking powder|
|12||oz egg whites|
|1||# 8 oz sugar|
|1||# 12 oz butter|
- Bake 325 degrees F on low fan, 15-20 min for sheets.
- Rub zest into sugar.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Gradually add eggs and juice scraping between each addition.
- Add dry ingredients in 2 stages, scraping between each.
- Fill round cake pans 1-1/4-inch high for 2 layers, and 3/4-inch high for 1 layer.
- Make a Swiss Meringue: warm egg whites and sugar over a water bath. Stir constantly until warm to touch.
- Whip whites/sugar to stiff peaks on high speed.
- Switch to paddle, slowly add soft butter in small chunks on speed 1 and beat into a smooth creamy texture.
- Add raspberry puree to taste. Mix in on speed 1.
Check out more recipes for Cakes