YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||package (8 ounces) shredded carrots|
|1||teaspoon distilled white vinegar or rice vinegar|
|2||green onions with tops|
|1/2||teaspoon chili powder|
|1/4||cup chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||pound ground pork|
|8||large mushrooms, sliced|
|Boston lettuce leaves|
- Combine carrots, sugar and vinegar in medium bowl; set aside.
- Slice green onions diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine cornstarch and chili powder in small bowl. Stir broth and soy sauce into cornstarch mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add pork; stir-fry until well browned. Add mushrooms; stir-fry until tender.
- Stir broth mixture until smooth and add to wok. Cook until sauce boils and thickens. Add green onions; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Line serving plate with lettuce leaves. Arrange carrot mixture in layer over leaves. Top with pork mixture. (Traditionally, the lettuce leaves are eaten as a wrapper to hold the ground meat mixture.)
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.