YIELD Makes 4 servings
|1||package (8 ounces) shredded carrots|
|1||teaspoon distilled white vinegar or rice vinegar|
|2||green onions with tops|
|1/2||teaspoon chili powder|
|1/4||cup chicken broth|
|1||tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1||pound ground pork|
|8||large mushrooms, sliced|
|Boston lettuce leaves|
- Combine carrots, sugar and vinegar in medium bowl; set aside.
- Slice green onions diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Combine cornstarch and chili powder in small bowl. Stir broth and soy sauce into cornstarch mixture until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until hot. Drizzle oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add pork; stir-fry until well browned. Add mushrooms; stir-fry until tender.
- Stir broth mixture until smooth and add to wok. Cook until sauce boils and thickens. Add green onions; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Line serving plate with lettuce leaves. Arrange carrot mixture in layer over leaves. Top with pork mixture. (Traditionally, the lettuce leaves are eaten as a wrapper to hold the ground meat mixture.)
Learn how to cook authentic Asian cuisine with our recipes from all of the major regions in Asia, including Korea, Japan and Malaysia.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.