Bottom to top: Oyster Poor Boy, Cole Slaw Vinaigrette
Makes 4 sandwiches
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|3/4||cup oil for frying|
|2||pints shucked oysters, drained|
|4||French bread rolls,* split|
*Substitute French bread loaf, split and cut into 4-inch lengths, for French bread rolls.
- Prepare Spicy Mayonnaise; cover and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, salt and pepper in shallow bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Pat oysters dry with paper towels. Dip oysters in cornmeal mixture to coat.
- Fry in batches 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread rolls with Spicy Mayonnaise; fill with lettuce, tomatoes and oysters.
|Serving Size:||1 sandwich with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Total Fat||54 g|
|Calories from Fat||56 %|
Check out more recipes for Southern