Peach and Plum Cobbler
Makes 6 servings
|2-1/2||cups thinly sliced unpeeled plums|
|2||cups thinly sliced peeled peaches|
|1-1/4||cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided|
|2||tablespoons frozen pineapple juice concentrate|
|1||tablespoon peach brandy or orange liqueuer|
|1/8||teaspoon ground cardamom|
|2||teaspoons sugar, divided|
|1-1/2||teaspoons baking powder|
|1||ounce cold reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into 6 pieces|
|1||tablespoon cold butter, cut into 6 pieces|
|1/4||cup low-fat (1%) milk, divided|
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine plums, peaches, 2 tablespoons flour, juice concentrate, brandy, and cardamom in medium bowl; toss gently. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- Combine remaining 1-1/4 cups flour, 1-3/4 teaspoons sugar, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; mix well. Using pastry blender or two knives cut cream cheese and butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Reserve 1 teaspoon milk for glaze. Beat milk and egg in small bowl. Pour all at once into flour mixture; stir quickly with fork until just moistened. Place dough on lightly floured board.
- If dough is sticky, sprinkle with additional flour; knead 12 times. Roll dough into 8-inch square, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place dough over top of fruit, pressing down around fruit at edges. Brush dough with reserved 1 teaspoon milk; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon sugar. Bake about 30 minutes or until top is lightly browned and fruit is tender. Serve warm topped with ice cream, if desired.
To loosen peach skins for easy peeling, plunge peaches into boiling water for 30 seconds, then into cold water.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Calories from Fat||16 %|
Check out more recipes for Cobblers & Crisps