Peppered Shrimp Skewer
YIELD Makes 16 servings
|1/3||cup teriyaki sauce|
|2||tablespoons dry sherry or water|
|2||tablespoons reduced-fat peanut butter|
|1||teaspoon hot pepper sauce|
|1/4||teaspoon ground ginger|
|32||raw large shrimp (about 1-1/2 pounds)|
|2||large yellow bell peppers|
|32||fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed|
- To prevent burning, soak 16 (12-inch) wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes before assembling kabobs.
- Coat rack of broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine teriyaki sauce, ketchup, sherry, peanut butter, pepper sauce and ginger in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 1 minute. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- Cut each bell pepper lengthwise into 4 quarters; remove stems and seeds. Cut each quarter crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Thread 2 shrimp, bell pepper pieces and 2 sugar snap peas onto each skewer; place on prepared broiler pan. Brush with teriyaki sauce mixture.
- Broil 4 inches from heat 3 minutes; turn. Brush with teriyaki sauce mixture; broil 2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Discard any remaining teriyaki sauce mixture. Transfer skewers to serving plates. Garnish, if desired.
This recipe appears in: Asian
|Serving Size:||1 skewer|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Calories from Fat||16 %|
You Might Also Like