Bill and Jen from TLC's 'The Little Couple' learned to prepare Perfect Roast Chicken at Well Done Cooking Class in Houston, Texas.
|1||2 1/2 - 3 pound chicken|
|salt & pepper|
|1||Basil, finely chopped|
|1||Parsley, finely chopped|
|1||marjoram, finely chopped|
|1/4||cup olive oil|
|4||bay leaves, torn|
|2||sprigs of rosemary|
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and place roasting tray inside.
- Wash the chicken inside and out and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the cavity with salt and then underneath the skin, being very careful not to rip the skin from the breast.
- Push in the chopped herbs under the skin.
- Drizzle in a little olive oil and rub all over the skin. Stuff the chicken with the lemons, bay leaves and rosemary.
- Tuck the little winglets under the chicken. Score the thighs several times to make sure they cook well. Stuff them with salt and pepper and herbs and olive oil.
- Remove the hot tray from the oven and add a little oil. Place your potatoes in the bottom of the pan and drizzle with a little oil and salt and pepper and herbs. Put your chicken in a roasting tray.
- At 500 degrees, it should take about 30-35 minutes. At 425 degrees, about an hour.
Check out more recipes for Chicken