Makes 8 servings
|1||package (16 ounces) uncooked lasagna noodles|
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|1-1/2||cups chopped onions|
|3||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|3||packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry|
|Salt and black pepper|
|3||cups (24 ounces) ricotta cheese|
|1-1/2||cups prepared pesto sauce|
|3/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/2||cup pine nuts, toasted|
|6||cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese|
|Strips of roasted red pepper (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch casserole or lasagna pan with nonstick cooking spray. Partially cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onions and garlic until transparent. Add spinach; cook and stir about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, pesto, Parmesan cheese and pine nuts to spinach mixture; mix well.
- Layer 5 lasagna noodles, slightly overlapping, in prepared pan. Top with one third of ricotta mixture and one third of mozzarella. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with red bell pepper.
Check out more recipes for Italian