Picante Black Bean Soup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
|1||large onion, chopped|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|2||cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained|
|1||can (about 14 ounces) beef broth|
|3/4||cup picante sauce|
|1/2||to 1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano leaves|
|Crackers and additional picante sauce for serving|
- Using scissors, cut through several slices of bacon at once, cutting into 1/2X1/2-inch pieces.
- Cook and stir bacon in large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Set bacon aside.
- Add onion and garlic to drippings in saucepan; cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Add beans with liquid, broth, water, 3/4 cup picante sauce, salt to taste and oregano. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls; dollop with sour cream. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with crackers and additional picante sauce.
Check out more recipes for Mexican