Makes 10 to 12 servings
|1||(9-inch) round cake|
|1||(10-inch) round cake board, covered, or large plate|
|1||cup prepared white frosting|
|Assorted color decorating gels|
|Red pull-apart licorice twist|
- Trim top and side of cake. Cut out small circle on one side of cake; cut piece from side of cake to create palette shape as shown in photo. Place on prepared cake board.
- Tint frosting light brown.
- Frost entire cake with brown frosting.
- Pipe spots of paint on palette with decorating gels.
- Create artist's paintbrush by cutting 2-inch lengths of licorice and attaching them to pretzel rod with foil as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Cooking with Kids