Pineapple French Toast with Ambrosia Salsa
Final Prep & Cook Time 30 minutes
Make-Ahead Time day before serving
Makes 6 servings
|1||can (15-1/4 ounces) pineapple chunks|
|1||cup strawberries, halved|
|6||tablespoons sugar, divided|
|1||loaf (12 ounces) French bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1/2||cup fresh raspberries*|
|1/4||cup powdered sugar|
*If fresh raspberries are not available, increase strawberries to 1-1/2 cups.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of juice. Combine pineapple, strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, reserved 1/2 cup pineapple juice, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Pour into 15X9-inch baking pan. Place bread slices in egg mixture, turning so that liquid coats both sides. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To complete toast recipe, melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Toast half of bread slices 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned and set. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and bread slices.
- While bread is toasting, to complete salsa recipe, add raspberries and coconut to pineapple mixture.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over toast slices. Top with ambrosia fruit salsa.
|Total Fat||14 g|
Check out more recipes for French Toast