Final Prep & Cook Time 30 minutes
Make-Ahead Time day before serving
YIELD Makes 6 servings
|1||can (15-1/4 ounces) pineapple chunks|
|1||cup strawberries, halved|
|6||tablespoons sugar, divided|
|1||loaf (12 ounces) French bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine, divided|
|1/2||cup fresh raspberries*|
|1/4||cup powdered sugar|
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/2 cup of juice. Combine pineapple, strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, reserved 1/2 cup pineapple juice, remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Pour into 15X9-inch baking pan. Place bread slices in egg mixture, turning so that liquid coats both sides. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To complete toast recipe, melt 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Toast half of bread slices 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until browned and set. Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon butter and bread slices.
- While bread is toasting, to complete salsa recipe, add raspberries and coconut to pineapple mixture.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar evenly over toast slices. Top with ambrosia fruit salsa.
|Total Fat||14 g|
You Might Also Like
There are hundreds of ways to cook pork, so check out our recipes to see which one you'd like to try for your next meal.
Recipes for casseroles & dishes can be indispensable when you're planning a big meal because a few ingredients can go a long ways.