Makes 14 servings
|1||package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast|
|3/4||cup warm water (105° to 115°F)|
|2-1/2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2||cup (2 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese|
|1/4||cup (1 ounce) shredded Parmesan cheese|
|1/4||cup chopped red bell pepper|
|1||green onion, sliced|
|1||medium clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon dried basil|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/4||teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 2 large nonstick baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in small bowl; stir until yeast dissolves. Let stand 5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, place all remaining ingredients except olive oil in food processor; process a few seconds to combine. With food processor running, gradually add yeast mixture and olive oil. Process just until mixture forms a ball. (Add additional 2 tablespoons flour if dough is too sticky.)
- Transfer dough to lightly floured surface; knead 1 minute. Let dough rest 5 minutes. Roll out dough with lightly floured rolling pin to form 14X8-inch rectangle; cut dough crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips. Twist dough strips; place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.
|Serving Size:||2 breadsticks|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||19 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian