Polka Dot Cake
Makes 16 servings
|1||package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|3/4||cup white chocolate chips|
|2||bars (3-1/2 ounces each) good-quality bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, broken into small pieces|
|1/4||cup (1/2 stick) butter, cut into small chunks|
|1/4||cup whipping cream|
|1||tablespoon powdered sugar|
|1/4||cup small chocolate nonpareil candies|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with chips.
- Bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 30 minutes; invert cake onto wire rack and cool completely. Place sheet of waxed paper under wire rack.
- Combine chocolate, butter, cream, powdered sugar and salt in small, heavy saucepan. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, just until butter and chocolate melt. Mixture should be tepid, not hot. Immediately spoon chocolate glaze over cake, spreading to cover side as well as top. Scoop up any glaze from waxed paper and spoon over cake.
- Arrange nonpareil candies over glaze. Let glaze set about 2 hours at room temperature. Do not refrigerate.
Check out more recipes for Cakes