YIELD Makes 6 servings
|2||cups Refried Beans (recipe) or canned refried beans, warmed|
|1||boneless fresh pork butt roast (about 2-1/2 pounds)|
|1||cup chopped white onion|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2||teaspoon coriander seeds, lightly crushed|
|Fresh Tomato Salsa (recipe)|
|12||flour tortillas (8-inch diameter)|
|2||medium avocados, peeled, pitted and diced|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|Carrot sticks, avocado slices and cilantro sprig for garnish|
- Prepare Refried Beans.
- Place pork, onion, carrot, garlic, salt, cumin and coriander seeds in 5-quart Dutch oven. Add just enough water to cover pork. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours until pork is tender.
- Prepare Fresh Tomato Salsa.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove pork from Dutch oven; set aside. Strain cooking liquid through cheesecloth-lined sieve; reserve 1/2 cup liquid.
- Place pork on rack in roasting pan. Roast 40 to 45 minutes until well browned, turning once. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Trim and discard outer fat from pork. Using 2 forks, pull pork into coarse shreds. Combine pork and reserved cooking liquid in medium skillet. Heat over medium heat 5 minutes or until meat is hot, stirring frequently.
- Soften and warm tortillas.
- Place about 2-1/2 tablespoons beans on bottom half of 1 tortilla; spread out slightly. Layer with pork, salsa, diced avocado and cheese. Fold right edge of tortilla up over filling; fold bottom edge over filling, then loosely roll up, leaving left end of burrito open.
You Might Also Like
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
Learn how to make authentic Southwestern foods by following our easy-to-cook recipes that will help to spice up your next meal.