Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 8 hours
YIELD Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|2‑1/2||pounds boneless center cut pork loin roast|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1||medium onion, diced|
|2||large cloves garlic, minced|
|2||teaspoons dried thyme|
|2||parsnips, cut in 3/4-inch slices|
|2||cups chicken stock, divided|
|1/4||cup red wine vinegar|
|1/2||cup port or sherry wine|
|3||pears, cored and sliced 3/4 inch thick|
|1‑1/2||cups pitted prunes|
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Season pork roast with salt and pepper; brown roast on all sides in saucepan. Place roast in slow cooker.
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in thyme. Add onion mixture and parsnips to slow cooker.
- Combine 1/4 cup of chicken stock with the cornstarch in small bowl; set aside.
- Combine vinegar and sugar in same saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens into syrup. Add port and cook 1 minute more. Add remaining 1-3/4 cups chicken stock. Whisk in cornstarch mixture and cook until smooth and slightly thickened. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on LOW 8 hours or on HIGH 4 hours. During the last 30 minutes of cooking, add pears and prunes. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes or with French bread, if desired.
You Might Also Like
Bill and Jen from TLC’s ‘The Little Couple’ learned to prepare Perfect Roast Chicken at Well Done Cooking Class in Houston, Texas. Try the recipe for Perfect Roast Chicken at TLC Cooking.
Learn new and exciting ways to cook chicken that will surprise and delight your friends and family by following our chicken recipes.