Prep and Cook Time 20 minutes
YIELD Makes 4 servings
|4||boneless pork chops, cut 1/4 inch thick|
|1/2||cup cornflake or cracker crumbs|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|2||to 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided|
|1/3||cup lemon juice|
|1/4||cup chicken broth|
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Place ovenproof platter or baking sheet in oven. Trim fat from pork chops. Place pork chops between layers of waxed paper; pound with smooth side of mallet to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Place crumbs in medium bowl. Dip 1 pork chop at a time in egg; gently shake off excess. Dip in crumbs to coat both sides. Place breaded pork chops in single layer on plate. Sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork chops in single layer in batches if necessary. Cook 1 minute or until golden brown. Turn; cook 1 minute or until golden brown and pork is no longer pink in center. Transfer to platter in oven to keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add lemon juice and broth. Stir to scrape cooked bits from bottom of pan. Return to heat; bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until liquid is reduced to 3 to 4 tablespoons.
- Remove platter from oven. Pour sauce over meat.
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Calories from Fat||44 %|
You Might Also Like
You need more than a wok and oil to cook proper Chinese cuisine. Read these articles and learn which ingredients you'll need to prepare authentic Chinese cuisine.
Learn how to properly prepare Italian cuisine by following our easy-to-understand recipes that walk you step-by-step through the process.