Pork with Three Onions
Makes 4 servings
|1/3||cup teriyaki sauce|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||pound pork tenderloin|
|2||tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, divided|
|1||small red onion, cut into thin wedges|
|1||small yellow onion, cut into thin wedges|
|2||green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Fried bean threads* (optional)|
*To fry bean threads, follow package directions.
- Combine teriyaki sauce and garlic in shallow bowl. Cut pork across the grain into 1/4-inch slices; cut each slice in half. Toss pork with teriyaki mixture. Marinate at room temperature 10 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; heat until hot. Drain pork; reserve marinade. Stir-fry pork 3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and reserve.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet; add red and yellow onions. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 4 to 5 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with sugar; cook 1 minute more.
- Blend reserved marinade into cornstarch in cup until smooth. Stir into skillet. Stir-fry 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return pork along with any accumulated juices to skillet; heat through. Stir in green onions. Serve over bean threads, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Chinese