YIELD Makes 4 burgers
|1‑1/4||teaspoons olive oil, divided|
|3/4||cup thinly sliced shallots|
|4||large portobello mushrooms, washed, patted dry and stems removed|
|1/8||teaspoon salt (optional)|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper (optional)|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||tablespoons chopped basil|
|4||whole-grain hamburger buns|
|4||ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|2||jarred roasted red bell peppers, rinsed, patted dry and cut into strips|
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Drizzle each mushroom on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon oil; season both sides with salt and pepper, if desired. Place mushrooms gill-side-up on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic evenly among mushrooms.
- Broil mushrooms 4 minutes per side. Remove from oven.
- Combine mayonnaise and basil until well mixed.
- To assemble burgers, spread both sides of each bun with basil mayonnaise. Divide cooked shallots and mozzarella slices evenly among bottom halves of buns; top with mushroom and bell pepper strips. Replace top halves of buns.
|Serving Size:||1 sandwich|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
You Might Also Like
Learn how to create the perfect vegetable side dish with only a few simple ingredients in a few precious minutes.
Learn how to make the perfect salad for your next family meal, party or casual get-together. The trick is in the combination of ingredients, and we've got the solution.