YIELD Makes 4 burgers
|1‑1/4||teaspoons olive oil, divided|
|3/4||cup thinly sliced shallots|
|4||large portobello mushrooms, washed, patted dry and stems removed|
|1/8||teaspoon salt (optional)|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper (optional)|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|2||tablespoons chopped basil|
|4||whole-grain hamburger buns|
|4||ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|2||jarred roasted red bell peppers, rinsed, patted dry and cut into strips|
- Heat 1/4 teaspoon oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots; cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and soft. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Drizzle each mushroom on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon oil; season both sides with salt and pepper, if desired. Place mushrooms gill-side-up on foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle garlic evenly among mushrooms.
- Broil mushrooms 4 minutes per side. Remove from oven.
- Combine mayonnaise and basil until well mixed.
- To assemble burgers, spread both sides of each bun with basil mayonnaise. Divide cooked shallots and mozzarella slices evenly among bottom halves of buns; top with mushroom and bell pepper strips. Replace top halves of buns.
|Serving Size:||1 sandwich|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Calories from Fat||31 %|
Who can pass up a peanut butter cookie? Check out our recipes and you'll be able to share these delectable morsels with all of your friends.
Learn how to make the perfect salad for your next family meal, party or casual get-together. The trick is in the combination of ingredients, and we've got the solution.